Fathers Day is coming up on Sunday, and at almost every wedding there is the traditional Father Daughter Dance. Below, we have included our favorite songs we have heard and hope to hear in the future. Some are for the songs, all are for the lyrics. And, if you're not one for tradition, there's something for you too ... just watch the YouTube video for some inspiration, and your dance can be one of the most memorable parts of your wedding.
The Father Daughter Dance is one of the best and saddest parts of a wedding for a father, because it shows everyone the love he and his daughter have for each other. After walking her down the aisle, this dance is one more moment that they have together on her wedding day. When selecting a song, pick one that has special meaning to the two of you - it doesn't have to be a "traditional" wedding song. If you both loved singing a song by Sonny and Cher or Sesame Street when you were growing up, who's to say you can't choose that one? Pick something that is sentimental to you both. And in case you want some help with a starting point, we have included some popular songs that have been chosen by brides past, present, and future.
Our Top Ten Favorite Father Daughter Dance Songs:
10. "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle
9. "A Fathers Love" by John Fluker
8. "You're My Little Girl" by Renee Nalbandian
7. "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins
6. "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
5. "Fathers Love" by Bob Carlisle
4. "Butterfly Fly Away" by Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus
3. "I Loved Her First" by Heartland
2. "Walk with You" by Edwin McCain
1. "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack
And just in case you wanted to do something a little different for your few minutes where the spotlight is on the two of you .... perhaps try something like this? Enjoy!